31. I’m Not Doing My Dishes Until I Know What This Beautiful Thing Is
Answer: That’s a bacteria pellicle.
32. So I Found This Key In With A Bunch Of Things I Was Given Decades Ago When My Grandfather Died. Anyone Ever Seen A Key Like This Before? It’s About 2cm Long An I Have No Clue Where It Came From
Answer: The swastika was one of Britain’s favourite lucky charms during WW1, e.g. this swastika key charm from the war. There were swastika cushions in British homes & the Scouts had a swastika badge. There must have been a mass domestic clear out in the 1930s/40s, as such items now rare.
33. What Is This Thing That You Always See On An Escalator?
Answer: They help keep shoes, dresses, handbags, etc. from getting snagged in the tiny gap at the side. I use them as a little shoe shine, too.
34. What Are These Are What Are They For? The Girl Sitting Across From Me Had Them On All Fingers On Both Hands
Answer: Oval finger splints for treating: Arthritis, Boutonniere Deformities, Crooked Finger, Fractures, Hypermobility (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome), Lateral Deviation, Mallet Finger, Swan Neck, Trigger Finger, Trigger Thumb
35. Found In The Middle Of Asian Desert, In Google Earth At 40°26’37″N 90°48’00″E. What Is This Thing?
Answer: They are the evaporation ponds for the Xinjiang Lop Nur Potash Co., Ltd. one of the world’s largest potassium sulfate production mines
36. Found In The Wood In A Creek. It Was Under A Piece Of Wood. What Is This Thing?
Answer: Those look like midge eggs, an aquatic fly
37. Found On The Norfolk (UK) Coast. Very Soft And Floppy, Pale Pink But Not Rotten Or Water Bloated. What Is This?
Answer: A hairless seal flipper
38. This Sci-Fi Looking Place In Poland, Somewhere By Krakow. What Is This Thing?
Answer: Alvernia Studios is a film studio located near Kraków, Poland, 18 km (10 miles) from the Kraków-Balice Airport, with additional offices in Mumbai and Warsaw.
39. An Opening In The Bottom Floor Of An 1850s Home In Charleston, Sc. What Is This Thing?
Answer: A way to access your crawlspace, there’s usually plumbing, wiring and potentially ductwork that periodically may need maintenance
40. Poured A Glass Of Water Last Night From The Tap Left It Under The Light On The Night Stand, Next Morning I Found This Floating In It… What Could It Be?
Answer: If it actually did come out the tap with the water, my guess is some sort of flocculant/coagulant used in tap-water treatment, that somehow made it past the system and was still dissolved/in suspension in the water. Then settled out during the night.
These chemicals are used to attract particle in the water and clump them together for easier removal. Some of those “concoctions” looks similar to this after settling out.