There have been some very weird beauty practices in the past. Here are vintage photos of unimaginable things women did just for the sake of ‘beauty’.
1. A Full-Faced Swimming Mask Helped Protect Women’s Skin From The Sun, 1920s
2. A Woman Having A Seam Painted Onto Her Leg, To Make It Appear That She Is Wearing Stockings, 1926
3. Rita Perchetti And Gloria Rossi Try Out Their New Portable Bathhouse So They Can Change Their Clothes After Sunbathing On Coney Island Beach, 1938
4. 10th Century Chinese Tradition – Foot Binding
5. Faceless Beauty Contest In Cliftonville, 1936
6. “Ironing” Hair, 1964
7. Before The Invention Of Sun-Screen In The Mid 1940s, Bathers Wore Garments Like This Freckleproof Cape To Protect Themselves From The Sun. The Cape Also Features Built-In Sunglasses