Dating back to the 15th century, the tomb of Bibi Jawindi stands amid the ruins of four other tombs on the site of an old fort called Uch Sharif in Pakistan. It was dedicated to Bibi Jawindi, the great-granddaughter of a pupil of Baha’al-Halim (another tomb nearby was dedicated to him). She was a historical Sufi premier of the Suhrawardiyyah order, a strict Sunni school. Due to the major flooding in 1817, the west side of the tomb collapsed, and those nearby were severely damaged as well.
This brick-built tomb stands on an octagonal base with a single dome standing above a smaller octagonal drum with arched windows. As for the exterior, bands of blue, white, and azure faience made of glazed tiles embellish the walls. Even though the tomb has partially collapsed, its symmetrical design enables visitors to see the original design today.
Although its design seems common today, the tombs at Uch Sharif were among the first tombs with an octagonal base on the subcontinent. Today, the tomb requires ongoing conservation to stabilize the remaining walls, turrets, and decorative features. Still, overall it is in better shape than the tombs nearby.