@sadtopographies is an Instagram account dedicated to finding the saddest sounding places on Earth. Described as ‘somewhere to go, when you’re feeling low’, the Instagram account—which has over 55,000 followers—is the brainchild of Australian artist, Damien Rudd.
While some places just have sad-sounding names, other places, like Washington’s Cape Disappointment—where fog hangs in the air for at least a third of the year—are kind of somber.
To see more than 100 sad-sounding places around the world, check out @sadtopographies on Instagram.
1. Mount Disappointment, Victoria, Australia
2. Lonelyville, Fire Island, New York, U.S
3. Pain Lake, Ontario, Canada
4. Devastation Island, British Columbia, Canada
5. Road to Misery, Kennebunkport, Maine U.S
6. Murder Island, Argyle, Canada
7. Pity Me, Durham, U.K
8. Failure Canyon, Samak, Utah, U.S
9. Nothing, Arizona, U.S
10. Bucket of Blood Street, Holbrook, Arizona, U.S