There is something wonderful about visiting castles.
As we walk came across any abandoned place, our imagination begins to fill in the blanks about the people who lived there, their culture, history, and architectural details that have been lost. Have a look at these ruined castles across the UK and how they look before the destruction. There is an animation of each castle that shows before and after destruction.
Wandering through ancient ruins can inspire tales of adventure, historical insight, and wonder for the way we used to live. But there is one drawback with exploring a half-destroyed fortress: you only get half the story! More info: onstride.co.uk
1. Dunluce Castle (County Antrim, Northern Ireland)
2. Dunstanburgh Castle (Northumberland, England)
3. Bothwell Castle (South Lanarkshire, Scotland)
4. Goodrich Castle (Herefordshire, England)
5. Caerlaverock Castle (Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland)
6. Kidwelly Castle (Dyfed, Wales)