Palazzo dello Spagnolo is an 18th-century palace in Rococo and late-Baroque style in Naples, Italy. Built at the behest of the Marquis of Poppano, Nicola Moscati, in 1738, the palace unifies two previous buildings. The design of its architect, Ferdinando Sanfelice, consisted of a double-flight staircase, defined as “falcon wings.” The façade features the Rococo stuccos of Aniello Prezioso which continues in the interior decoration as well.
Palazzo dello Spagnolo is a remarkable example of Neapolitan Baroque architecture.
The name of the structure, “the Spanish Palace,” comes from its next owner who was a Spanish nobleman, Tommaso Atienza. After purchasing the palace, Atienza extended the structure by adding the top floor and the frescoes on the ground floor. In 1850, Atienza had to sell the palace due to his debts. Later the ownership of the palace was shared by three different families. Today, the palace is a popular tourist attraction site in Naples.