San Diego-based artist Ástor Alexander reimagines some of the favorite Disney princesses with an edgy twist. These fictional ladies look wonderful in a completely different setting, too.
His awesome illustration series has a pretty self-explanatory title “Noir Princesses”. Alexander’s use of a dark color palette with a nod to vintage film noir posters suggests that there’s evil lurking beneath their beauty. The series features the beloved characters portrayed as private eyes and femme Fatales.
Astor has perfectly captured the aesthetic and atmosphere of the genre while preserving the distinct personalities of the princesses and also given movie titles to each Noir Princess that hints to who these women really are. Scroll down to meet these badass princesses!
1. Snow White of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”
2. Belle of “Beauty and the Beast”
3. Tiana of “The Princess and the Frog”
4. Cinderella of “Cinderella”
5. Pocahontas of “Pocahontas”
6. Mulan of “Mulan”
7. Princess Jasmine of “Aladdin”
8. Princess Aurora of “Sleeping Beauty”
9. Ariel of “The Little Mermaid”