1. André lifted Arnold
This wasn’t the only time André lifted Arnold in the air. Famous for always paying for his dinner parties (guests included), André caught Arnold Schwarzenegger trying to pay for his own dinner while shooting Conan the Destroyer. André picked Arnold up, deposited him back in his dining chair, and paid for the group’s meal.
2. Andre meets professional boxer Bobby Chacon in 1979.
3. Referred to unofficially as the “greatest drunk on Earth,” André once allegedly drank over 150 beers in one sitting.
4. André’s size made most objects he interacted with look like toys.
5. By age 12, André was 6’3″ and weighed 240 pounds.
6. André the Giant and Muhammad Ali compare hand sizes upon meeting in 1975.
7. André was no stranger to lifting things — his brother remarked that André could accomplish the work of 3 experienced farmhands by his mid-teens.
8. André took center stage at the first ever WrestleMania held in 1985 at Madison Square Garden.
9. André stands next to some of his competitors from the World Wrestling Federation.
10. Nobody captured the wrestling world’s imagination like André.