Quinta da Pacheca is a famous vineyard with wine barrel suits among the valleys of the Douro River in Lamego, Portugal. Its history goes back to the 16th century when it belonged to the Monasteries of Salzedas and St. João de Tarouca. The vineyard takes its name from Lady Da. Mariana Pacheco Pereira who owned the property during the 18th century.
Classified as a Humanity World Heritage site by UNESCO in 2001, Quinta da Pacheca has become one of the most visited estates in the region.
Later in 1903, D. José Freire de Serpa Pimentel bought the property and started a modernization process of the structures in the vineyard which resulted in limited annual production. In 1977, however, the commercialization of the wines began under the leadership of D. Eduardo Mendia Freire de Serpa Pimentel. Therefore, it became necessary to develop new ideas to attract tourists to the vineyard. So, Quinta da Pacheca officially opened its doors for guided tours and the sale of its wines in Quinta’s store. Finally, in 2009, the Wine House Hotel was established that attracted tourists with its wine barrel-shaped suits.