Ben Churchill is a chef who specializes in creating true dessert masterpieces. He creates mind-bending food illusions where nothing on the plate is what it seems. His creations can resemble pretty much anything he wishes, and most of the time you couldn’t tell that they actually are desserts – or even food.
Churchill has been a chef for over 10 years. “I decided to learn the basics,” he said, “but decided to move into mimetic food, just to see what could be done. This gave me the bug to start teaching myself more and more.” He allows inspiration to come from anywhere, which has resulted in unexpected creations like pannacotta cigarettes in an ashtray and a cleaning sponge complete with “suds” or rather a sweet milk foam.
1. Olive Oil Sponge Cake With Mint Crumb, Sweet Milk Foam And A Baked Apple Puree
2. Lemon Drizzle Cake, Lemon Sponge, Chantilly, Lemon Gel
3. Chocolate And Beetroot Brownie Filled With Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Soil, Mint Leaves
4. Christmas Carrot Cake
5. Coconut Mushroom Sweets
6. Granny Smith Pannacotta, Custard, Granola, Lemon Balm…
7. Chocolate And Beetroot Cake, Chocolate Soil, Chocolate Plant Pot