Iran-based artist Fatemeh Hosein Aghaei takes mesmerizing photographs that showcase the intricate patterns inside the country’s ancient buildings. Israfan is located 250 miles south of Tehran and is known for its Perso–Islamic designed structures, boulevards, covered bridges, palaces, tile-filled mosques, and minarets. She captures mostly mosques in this city.
In her photographs, frame often looks upward to the building’s domes and arches complete with complex colorful designs and beautiful sky. She says that she wants her work to capture and share the beauty of Iran’s historic architecture.
More info: Instagram
1. Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque in Isfahan, Iran
2. Sheykh Abdussamad Mausoleum
3. Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque in Isfahan, Iran
4. Dowlatabad Garden of Yazd
5. Ali Qapu Palace of Isfahan, Iran
6. Jameh Mosque of Isfahan, Iran
7. Emam Mosque of Isfahan, Iran
8. Agha Bozorg Mosque of Kashan
9. Agha Bozorg Mosque of Kashan
Image credits: Fatemeh Hosein Aghaei