As we age, all our physical features continue to change, be it our skin, hair, and even height, but we will always remain the same person no matter how much changes.
Photographer Jan Langer decided to capture the immense change we undergo through life, starting the ‘Faces of Century’ project where he photographed a selection of Czech centenarians. After snapping photos of each person, he then compared them against photos of the same people but in their youth.
The contrast between being a young adult and someone over the age of 100 is nothing short of incredible.
“This set of comparative photos explores the similarities and the differences in appearance and in physiognomy,” Langer explains. “The characteristics of personality change throughout life but it seems as if individual nature remains rooted in the abyss of time.”
Check out the fascinating portraits below.
More info: janlanger.net (h/t)
1. Marie Burešová, 23 Years Old (Wedding), 101 Years Old
2. Antonín Kovář, 25 Years Old (Bandmaster Of His Own Band), 102 Years Old
3. Vlasta Čížková, 23 Years Old (Finished Girl High School), 101 Years Old
4. Marie Fejfarová, Her Personal History Was Burnt; On The Right 101 Years Old
5. Antonín Baldrman, 17 Years Old (Skilled Locksmith), 101 Years Old
6. Prokop Vejdělek, 22 Years Old (Oath Of Enlistment), 101 Years Old
7. Bedřiška Köhlerová, 26 Years Old (Wedding), 103 Years Old
8. Anna Pochobradská, Around 30 Years Old, 100 Years Old
9. Ludmila Vysloužilová, 23 Years Old (Gift For Her Fiancé), 101 Years Old
10. Stanislav Spáčil, 17 Years Old (Skilled Electrician), 102 Years Old
11. Vincenc Jetelina, 30 Years Old (Finished His House), 105 Years Old
12. Ludvík Chybík, 20 Years Old (Skilled Confectioner), 102 Years Old
13. Anna Vašinová, 22 Years Old (After Wedding), 102 Years Old