12 Photos of Abandoned Mansions That Might Make Your Heart Stop
Today in abandoned buildings porn we bring you: photos of abandoned European palaces.
Photographer Mirna Pavlovic is fascinated by “reclaiming places deemed inaccessible and forbidden,” so it’s unsurprising her fascination with abandoned buildings has brought her across Europe.
Her project, entitled “Dulcis Domus,” documents villas, castles and palaces abandoned during World War II. Although many of these photos were shot in Italy — which, as Pavlovic points out, occupied a precarious geographic and political position during the war — several were taken in Belgium, and the project is still ongoing.
Take a look at Pavlovic’s work below, and follow her on Instagram here.
1. A forgotten site in Italy.
2. An eerie courtyard in Italy.
3. An abandoned great room in Southern Europe.
4. This site in Italy was once a bedroom.
5. A deserted space in Italy.
6. This was once a palace in Portugal.
7. A decaying hallway in Southern Europe.
8. An eerie vacant room in Belgium.
9. A fallen doorway in Southern Europe.
10. A forgotten grand room in Southern Europe.
11. Nature reclaimed this mansion in Italy.
12. A desolate second-floor space in Italy.