Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards are here and the winners have been revealed.
In September we featured 19 finalist images in this annual competition, which ran the gamut from playful otters to laughing snakes, dancing monkeys, and perturbed birds. Included below are some of the other winners of the 2021 Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards.
More Info: Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards
1. Overall Winner: “Ouch!” By Ken Jensen
“A golden silk monkey in Yunnan China – this is actually a show of aggression however in the position that the monkey is in it looks quite painful!”
2. Alex Walker’s Serian Creatures on the Land Award: “Ninja Prairie Dog!” By Arthur Trevino
“When this Bald Eagle missed on its attempt to grab this prairie dog, the prairie dog jumped towards the eagle and startled it long enough to escape to a nearby burrow. A real David vs Goliath story!.”
3. Spectrum Photo Creatures In The Air Award And Affinity Photo People’s Choice Winner: “I Guess Summer’s Over” By John Speirs
“I was taking pics of pigeons in flight when this leaf landed on the bird’s face.”
4. Creatures Under the Sea Award: “Time For School” By Chee Kee Teo
A smooth-coated otter “bit” its baby otter to bring it back to and fro for swimming lesson.
5. Amazing Internet Portfolio Award: “The Joy Of A Mud Bath” By Vicki Jauron
“An elephant expresses his joy in taking a mud bath against the dead trees on the shores of Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe on a hot afternoon.”
6. Highly Commended: “Let’s Dance” By Andy Parkinson
“Two Kamchatka bear cubs square up for a celebratory play fight having successfully navigated a raging torrent (small stream!)”
7. Highly Commended: “I Got You” By Roland Kranitz
“I spent my days in my usual “gopher place” and yet again, these funny little animals haven’t belied their true nature.”
8. Highly Commended: “See Who Jumps High” By Chu Han Lin
9. Highly Commended: “Majestic And Graceful Bald Eagle” By David Eppley
“Bald Eagles will use the same nest for years, even decades, adding new material to it at the beginning and throughout the nesting season. Normally, they are highly skilled at snapping branches off of trees while in flight. Possibly tired from working nonstop all morning on a new nest, this particular Bald Eagle wasn’t showing its best form. Yes, sometimes they miss. Although this looks painful, and it might very well be, the eagle recovers with just a few sweeping wing strokes, and choses to rest a bit before making another lumber run.”
10. Highly Commended: “The Green Stylist” By Gurumoorthy K
11. Highly Commended: “Treehugger” By Jakub Hodan
“This Proboscis monkey could be just scratching its nose on the rough bark, or it could be kissing it. Trees play a big role in the lives of monkeys. Who are we to judge…”
12. Highly Commended: “Chinese Whispers” By Jan Piecha
“The little raccoon cubs are telling secrets to each other”
13. Highly Commended: “Missed” By Lea Scaddan
“Two Western Grey Kangaroos were fighting and one missed kicking him in the stomach.”
14. Highly Commended: “How Do You Get That Damn Window Open?” By Nicolas De Vaulx
“This raccoon spends his time trying to get into houses out of curiosity and perhaps also to steal food.”
15. Highly Commended: “Peekaboo” By Pal Marchhart
A young bear descending from a tree looks like he/she is playing hide and seek.