in

Wire Animal Sculptures Look Like Life-Size Scribbled Drawings Suspended in Mid-Air

A quick glance at any of these intricate animal sculptures could leave you thinking that they are in fact flat, two-dimensional drawings rather than the three-dimensional sculptures they actually are. The credit for this can go to artist David Oliveira, whose amazing understanding of dimensions has allowed him to create sculptures of various animals that when suspended in the air and looked at from certain angles, actually look 2D rather than 3D.

Oliveira explains the inspiration for his work:

“Inspiration, comes with the day-to-day life… Representing it makes me more conscience. I activate my ‘hunting-eye’, and try to fill that moment with the most information possible. My work 99% comes from my memory the other 1% is wire. Very ecological, right? Why wire? Because [it] is a line that can [stand] against gravity… Because [it] is naïf, easy and spontaneous.” See much more of his work on his website and Facebook.

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

Wire Animal Sculptures

David Oliveira: Website | Facebook via Colossal, Casa International Magazine

Watch Real Thieves Get Caught In Epic European Bike Stealing Championships

Little Boy Honors His Fallen Father In The Most Touching Way Possible