Chocoholics Rejoice – Cadburys is Hiring Chocolate Tasters!
Working is rarely much fun for a lot of adults. It’s a necessary component of life, but it’s hard to deny there are some days where you wish you could pack up your job and pursue something you love in life.
Dream jobs are hard to come by, especially when you are on a completely different career path, but it’s still possible to get out there and find that job you have been dreaming of.
Perhaps maybe a chocolate tester qualifies as a dream job for some? With countless chocolate-lovers out there in the world, it’s hard to imagine a better suited job for an individual with a sweet tooth for some tasty chocolate – now imagine getting paid to eat it!
That’s right, there are real chocolate testers out there who get paid to wolf down chocolate and then share their opinions on it! Dream job indeed!
Mondelez International recently posted similar positions on LinkedIn, and they just so happen to be the same company behind Cadburys, Oreo, and Belvita.
Fancy yourself as a professional chocolate taster? Then you will need to be:
- Able to taste chocolate and cocoa beverage products and give objective and honest feedback.
- Work within a team of panelists to share opinions and collaborate to reach an agreement on taste.
- Use a clearly defined vocabulary to describe products and aid in the discrimination between products.
- Be consistent in the results given.
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct.
- Chocolate tasters are key in helping Mondelez perfect and launch an entirely new product all over the world.
Now, it’s worth noting that it’s only a part time position, but that does mean some pretty decent working hours – 7.5 hours per week, with three 12.15-2.45pm shifts on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.