There were a lot of experiments engineered by the US Government back in 1950s and they were testing psychotomimetic drugs as a part of the tests. You would definitely be aware of this if you had read ‘The Men Who Stare at Goats’, as it describes about the different experiments. As a part of an experiment, people were asked to consume safe quantities of LSD and their behavior was monitored.
Oscar Janiger, a psychiatrist from the University of California, as a part of his work on LSD, asked an artist to draw a portrait 9 different times regarding his experience after having LSD. When you look at the 9 images that he painted, you would realize that LSD is tripping. In the first few paintings, it would all look normal and eventually, the perception of reality of the artist starts changing and he has brilliantly captured his perception in intricate details as he hallucinated.
Scroll down and have a look at how his perception changed as the effect of LSD started kicking in and you would be astonished.
1. Time: 20 Minutes After The First Dose (50ug)
2. Time: 85 Minutes After First Dose And 20 Minutes After A Second Dose Has Been Administered (50ug + 50ug)
3. Time: 2 Hours 30 Minutes After First Dose
4. Time: 2 Hours 32 Minutes After First Dose
5. Time: 2 Hours 35 Minutes After First Dose
6. Time: 2 Hours 45 Minutes After First Dose
7. Time: 4 Hours 25 Minutes After First Dose
8. Time: 5 Hours 45 Minutes After First Dose
9. Time: 8 Hours After First Dose