AWFUL! Graphic Photos Show Dog Near Death After Owner Uses Hair Dye

Pet owners tend to go crazy when it comes to grooming their pets with all sorts of clothes and care. Dying a dog with human hair dye shouldn’t be on that list.

A dog named Violet was dyed purple by her original owner and she was in a terrible condition when Pinellas County Animal Services came to her help. The team stated: “Violet’s eyes were swollen shut, she was limp and listless, she had obvious burns to her skin”.

They treated Violet using fluids and pain medication, washed her well to get rid of the dye that was on her fur. As if this was not painful enough for Violet, her coat was peeling off during the shaving under anesthesia. Her skin was burnt because of the chemicals in the dye. They thought she wouldn’t even get through the night.

Such products made for humans are harmful to animals as the team suggested: “Chemicals in hair dye are TOXIC causing a wide array of external injury to your pet–possible burns, blindness and because an animal’s first instinct is to lick, it can cause poisoning or internal burns.” Some other organizations like PETA are against pet dying at all as it could cause injuries and allergic reactions.

Thankfully, Violet made through and her wounds healed after three months of care. Now she has a new home and a new owner she can trust.

most common languages infographic

Is Your Native Language a Common Language Around the World?

derinkuyu underground city

Massive Underground City Guides Us Deep Down to Ancient Times